Re: wind deflectors

To: MG-T <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wind deflectors
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:42:26 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Wizzer wrote to mg-t@autox.team.net:

> I recently bid on a pair of TF wind deflectors on eBay, which were
> claimed to be "original" and "NOS".  Nothing was mentioned about
> "Brooklands", so I low-balled the bid, and did not meet reserve.
>
> Question is, how can one tell which wind deflectors were originally
> fitted as option?  Was it Brooklands?  If so, is there a marking on them
> that gives one some confidence they are properly original?

Do you mean the Brooklands-style racing screens mounted on top of the
cowl, for use with the windscreen folded down?  If so, Brooklands was the
best-known brand but not the only one.

Or do you mean the wind wings attached to the sides of the windscreen?
If so, these were made by Amco and several other companies.

Either way, they were aftermarket accessories, not original equipment.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E