Re: MG ZA Magnette

To: John Gunnell <John.Gunnell@FWPubs.com>
Subject: Re: MG ZA Magnette
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:19:19 -0400
John,
It is possible that someone painted a ZA in a two tone paint scheme, as
like you, my understanding is that all Varitones were ZBs.  A Varitone
should also have the wrap-around rear window.  If you've done some
research, this is quite obvious when you compare pictures of the smaller
rear window to the wrap-around.
Many owners upgrade the Zs to MGA tune to give them a bit more oomph.
NAMGAR recognizes them as a "variant" to the MGA, however Z owners think
it should be the other way around, since the Zs came first.  You may
want to get involved with NAMGAR to find other Z owners to get some real
information.
What size engine does it have?
Congratulations on your purchase.  I've always loved those cars.
Charlie