MG ZA Magnette

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG ZA Magnette
From: John Gunnell <John.Gunnell@FWPubs.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:36:28 -0500
   As of the Iola Old Car Show this weekend I am the proud owner of a 1956
MG ZA Magnette Saloon to go with my MG TD and MG TF. My car is definitely a
ZA with Car No. KAA43/13301 and Engine No. BP15GA/13144.It has "varitone"
(two-tone paint in black and maroon. I do not understand this yet, as most
books indicate that this was a ZB option.

   The car originally came from Colorado (I think) and spent 30 years in a
barn in Minnesota. The body is quite nice -- even the paint is 75% OK. The
seats appear to have vinyl covers which are not "factory" but may be
perfectly serviceable after cleaning. The tires look good. The engine is
suppopsed to have a lot of new parts, though it certainly doesn't run. The
front and rear glass is out, but with the car. The interior other than seats
is in need of total restoration, particularly the dashboard.

   The car appears to have all its original pieces, but it needs a lot of
work. Any input on this as a project would be welcome.

John Gunnell
Automotive Books Editor
F + W Publications
700 E. State Street