Re: MG misfire

To: <yd3@nvc.net>, <sdesalvo@frontiernet.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG misfire
From: "mark saperstein" <mmouth2@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:43:10 -0700
sam,

your description seems to say that missing occurs with rise in operating
temperature . possibility you are losing compression with rise in temp and
expansion of joints ( head gasket).  have you checked the torque on the
headbolts? or for that matter on the spark plugs?  when you pull the plugs
are any of them fouled and oily? have you checked compression in all the
cylinders (both hot and cold) ?  with the radiator cap removed and the
engine running do you get exhaust gases bubbling in the coolant?

best of luck, mickey in phoenix ( where we know hot cars ) 53 TD mk II , 32
F3 Magna OTS, 67 MGBGT