Re: [Mg-t] Further to; Running, but not well

To: richardolindsay@gmail.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Further to; Running, but not well
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:38:03 GMT
Full-name: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
--===============3862460628263605290==

----__JWM__J65f2f31e.4e3f4610S.6478e63M

Hi Rich,  The different distributors may have different springs, but tho=
se I have seen (don't know which distributors they were, though) had spr=
ings that seemed to me to be pretty robust, similar in gauge to the MGB =
springs.   One is typically slack on the pegs, the other on firmly thoug=
h not stretched at all--can be wiggled.   Advance curve begins at low rp=
m, which is why you can't do 0 at idle, for example, as advance is alrea=
dy five or six or more degrees.
  I don't see how the cam could have jumped---the tensioner is right on =
it from the beginning--does not need to be pumped up with oil pressure t=
o hold the chain.  MGB people have been fussing about the slot not being=
 milled in the right place, however, so it could be, I suppose, that you=
rs is not properly placed.  i did not think to check movement on the lob=
es when I installed mine--just did it per the TD manual and counted (abo=
ut ten times) the links on each side of the marks.Bob