V8 conversions

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: V8 conversions
From: dandr@mail.gwi.net (David Allen)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 19:31:27 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Hi: I own a '70 BGT that I want to convert to v8 power. Talked to
Jack Emery  last weekend at Owl's Head ,about the conversion.
Jack's B-V8 is outstanding! Looking forward too all the information
that will be shared on this list!
    The swirl pot, that is mentioned in the book, in my opinion,
is simply a can placed around the fuel pickup. Probably a half in.
off the tank bottom, keeping the pickup covered with fuel, during
cornering and acceleration. F.I. pumps do'nt like to be starved of
fuel, they use it to cool and lube the pump. Most FI systems today
use a pre-pump, mounted inside the tank, as well as a "swirl pot".
I think a pre-pump would help alot.

           Looking forward to the list

            David Allen  '70 MGBGT
            Topsham, Maine