Misc info!

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Misc info!
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 22:14:56 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Greetings, MGV8ers:

A couple of items that may be of interest to you:

Item 1:  On page 62 of the current (December) issue of "Street Rodder"
magazine, there is a short article on the BOP/Rover V8. Not a lot of info,
but worth browsing through at the newstand. It may have just the peice of
info you have been needing.

Item 2:  On page 40 of the current (December) issue of "5.0 Mustang"
magazine, there is an article on swapping the 8.8" Mustang rear axle with a
9" unit.  It has some good info on how Currie Enterprises shortens these
axles, and some very interesting comparisons between the 8.8 and the 9 inch
units. According to Currie, the 8.8" axle weighs about 10 -20 pounds less
than the 9" and is about 5 HP more efficient. The 8.8 should handle all the
power we are putting into the MGs, unless you really get carried away. I
priced a used 8.8" axle at a Mustang salvage yard in Atlanta the other day. A
complete unit, with drum brakes and either a 2.73 or a 3.08 ratio, costs
$375. From other sources, a new ring a pinion set costs about $180 - $200,
and can be had in ratios of 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56,, 4.88,and
5.13!

I hope the above has been of some interest - I just thought I would pass it
along.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74