electronic ignitions/ Jacobs system fails again

To: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, Woody Cooper <SMCTR8@aol.com>
Subject: electronic ignitions/ Jacobs system fails again
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 20:59:11 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Coming home Fri nite in the snow/sleet/freezing rain/winter mix, my car
suddenly died. After blocking rush hour traffic for a while, & running
down the battery trying to re-start the car, I finally traced the
problem to the Jacobs electronic ignition. Bi-passed it & switched back
to the "regular " coil, jump start, & off I went.

This is the 2nd time the unit has failed, 1st was 2 years ago, & they
reluctantly replaced it, no charge. That won't happen again.
So now I want a new set up. The obvious choice is MSD, I have a 6300 in
my other car, & it has been flawless for 6 or 7 years. It is bulky, &
certainly not the latest inovation. Under dash space is limited, so is
under hood. Also, some of the newer set ups include rev control.

So who is running what, that they like, & most importantly, is
dependable?

Jim Stuart