electronic ignition

To: mgb-v8@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: electronic ignition
From: dandr@mail.gwi.net (David Allen)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 08:46:04 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi: I've had a MSD 6T box and coil on my 4cyl GT for over five years now.
Bought used from a oval racer, I don't know how old it is, but i've had
no problems. Mounted it on the passenger side shelf, in engine compartment.
I've heard lots of complaints about MSD reliability.
    Will a '74- Buick 350 HEI distributor fit or be modified too fit ??
Does the Rover SD1 dist have a magnetic pickup ? If so the Rover dist
combined with a Chrysler module, would be reliable and certainly available
anywhere. Jim ,congrats on your 4.2 swap !

                     Regards
                               Dave