Re: electronic ignition

To: David Allen <dandr@mail.gwi.net>
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 18:29:11 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
David-

Yes, the 350 Buick HEI will fit, ran one for about a year. Big problem
is hood clearance. It won't clear unless you extend the hood latch, for
that " Hey- your hood is not latched!" look. Got tired of well meaning
people telling me that, & took it out. Now  I have a Mallory magnetic
dizzy with a HEI style cap. Dizzy is great, just want more firepower.

I have the 6A MSD in my other car, no reliability problems, just want to
know if, in the last 15 years, something better has come along.

Jim