Re: MGB-GT V8 choice

To: Christopher M Bonomo <chrisandsarahb@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGB-GT V8 choice
From: Glenn Towery <mgv8glen@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 08:04:39 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Christopher M Bonomo wrote:

> Well gang,
>
> I have decided to dive into the project of locating a '73 GB GT and
> converting it to hold a Rover V8.  I will no doubtedly be asking you guys
> a ton of questions in the near future.  Here is a question, how many of
> you on the list live in Southern California?  Well, Thanks a lot.  After
> much investigating, is was either a MGB, or a Mustang.  I think a Mustang
> is to big.  Laters.
>
> Chris
Chris, to keep the state of Calf. happy & your wallet, I would look for
a 65-67 GT. It takes the same time to do the eng. bay mods. as the
73!!!! & if you get a calf. body there will be no rust. I did a 66 GT
last week & it was so easy, just thke doing a
73.                                          1 72,4.8
roadster                                                       1 74, 4.2
GT                                                            1 74 1/2
GT 3500 (416,000 miles)                                        1 67 GT
in the works.                                                      Glenn
Towery