Which GM T5 is best??

To: "mgb-v8@autox.team.net" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Which GM T5 is best??
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:07:37 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm installing a '62 Buick 215 in either my '64 or my '71 MGB.  Which
General Motors BW T5 is best to use with a stock (3.9:1) MGB rear end??
I've seen one article that mentioned that one with a 0.72:1 fifth gear
works well.  Did the GM T5 just come in the GMs V8 engined cars or did
it also come in GM's rear wheel drive V6 cars??  The two wrecking yards
near my house don't have any T5s at the moment, one says that the price
would be $500, while the other says $400 -- does this sound typical??

Thanks a lot for the information.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO