Re: Which GM T5 is best??

To: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Which GM T5 is best??
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 00:29:24 -0400
Cc: "mgb-v8@autox.team.net" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Kevin-

Price very reasonable compared to Washington, DC area- $6-800 here. Later
T-5's called "World Class" with heavier gears,syncros, etc. Try to find one
with a .63 5th gear, swap to 15" wheels if you want to retain the stock
rear- still too tall in my opinion. Most people are using a 3.00 rear with
14" wheels, I use 3.50 with 15".

.73 5th gear  with 3.00 rear, 14" tires/wheels gives you 70 mph @3000 rpm.
Try Bowling's Automotive programs web site to get a ratio calculator, run
some numbers to see what gears/wheels will give you the best results
       < http//sura1.jlab.org/~grippo/auto_noframe.html> .

T-5 available behind the V6's, but not as strong as the V8 version,
probably strong enough for a relatively stock 215, depending on your
driving style.

Also suggest a hydraulic throw out bearing to eliminate a lot of linkage
problems.

Jim Stuart