Re: cooling stuff

To: "murray arundell" <goforit@ecn.net.au>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cooling stuff
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 06:42:19 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
At 08:58 AM 7/24/99 +1000, you wrote:

Bunch of snippin'

>Hi guys,
>With all this done I have never ever been worried about my cars temp.  to
>the point that in winter I have to fit a blanket across the lower part of
>the radiator when high speed driving as I have Special Tuning Spoiler which
>directs air direct to the oil cooler and radiator.

As a rule, North American conversions omit the oil cooler.  There is some
controversy whether it is needed or not.  None of our cars have it.  In
tropical climates, I would have  a cooler.

 In Summer car runs
>ALWAYS on normal on the highway, even at 100 mph.

A common conversion ailment is that the faster you travel the more the temp
gauge rises.  This indicates lack of cooling capacity.  Perhaps the oil
cooler makes this up.

 In traffic it never
>climbs above halfway between normal and high.  Will idle all day in 100F
>heat and the needle will not budge. (yes have checked the gauge is working
>right.....)
>
>Hope it helps chaps!
>
>Murray Arundell
>Brisbane - Australia

Thanks, Murray any knowledge shared is appreciated.