Measurements of engine position

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Measurements of engine position
From: Barrie Robinson <robinson@baradv.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:58:09 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have my Rover 3.5 in with Towery chassis rail and engine mounts in my
1970 MGB GT .  The engine mounts being the air conditioning variety which
shifts the engine an extra 1 1/2 inches to the rear.  The engine sits
nicely on the mounts exactly as prescribed but it looks as if the engine
could go lower.  I have measured the front of the rocker covers from a
straight edge across the top of the engine bay - It is 1 3/4 inches.

The rear of the rocker cover is 5 inches to the straight edge.

>From the rubber cross member to the bottom of the sump is 2 inches -
suggesting a drop of 1 3/4 inches is possible.

Can someone please take the same measurements and let me know if mine are
wildly off.  It seems logical for there ought to be some workable examples
of how many inches below the top of the engine bay the start and end of the
rockers are set down !??  Just put a straight edge over the rockers and
measure!!!
Regards
Barrie Robinson

robinson@baradv.on.ca