Re: Measurements of engine position

To: Barrie Robinson <robinson@baradv.on.ca>
Subject: Re: Measurements of engine position
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 18:53:09 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Barrie-

Its not so simple to measure things with all the hook ups, air cleaner, A/C
such, but I tried. The best reference point I can give you, is that the lower
outside edge of the valve cover where it meets the cylinder head is 3/8" below
the horizontal edge of the firewall. The carb base of the manifold sits level
when the car is on level ground. The top of my Rover flat top valve cover
appears to be about 1-1/2 - 2" below the lip of the inner fender, but this is
very had to measure, as I can't get a straight edge accross the engine bay.

Jim Stuart