Interesting item on eBay web site item#162786410: 61 Buick aluminum fire

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#162786410: 61 Buick aluminum fireball V8 engine & trans
From: mgtrautoxr@sprintmail.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I thought that someone might be interested in this -- I don't know anything
about this, etc.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO

'64 MGB  '62 Buick 215

Title of item:  61 Buick aluminum fireball V8 engine & trans
Seller: gcowan@bloomington.in.us
Starts: 09/10/99, 11:40:36 PDT
Ends:   09/20/99, 11:40:36 PDT
Price:  Currently $336.00
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=162786410

Item Description:
        61 Buick aluminum fireball V8 engine & auto trans. 215 cubic inches 155
horsepower only 318 pounds! They made this engine all aluminum! This engine was
pulled from a 1961 Buick special with only 48,000 miles. For the past 30 years
the only driving it had done was from the owners garage to his yard back &
forth every summer. He said it hadn`t been moved from his yard in the past 7
years. The only time he started it was when people came out to look at it to
buy it. We had to tow it home on a trailer due to the brakes being rusted
together. As soon as we got it home I put in a fresh battery, poored a little
gas in the carb and it fired right up.  Unfortunetly the car was rusted way
beyond repair. The rust showered from it on the way home. The dry rotted tires
which were from the early 70`s still had the little knobs on them indicating
they were new. The old man who we got it from estimated they had about 10 miles
on them. Me and a friend are co-owners of this engine. We are not !
looking to make alot of money here (would be nice though), we would like to
help someone out who needs this engine & trans. If we don`t sell it I want to
put this Fireball in a G - body Grand prix, Regal, cutlass.....  To learn more
about this engine please go to:
 http://www.napanet.net/~scottdon/215eng.html .
These are various test reports and magazine articles about the Aluminun V8
fireball.
Shipping arrangments will have to be made by the buyer. It would probably be
much easier to just pick up. NO CHECKS PLEASE. Money orders or cash only. The
picture shown is not the actual engine (DUH).

Thank you and good luck!!!!!!!

        Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at
http://www.ebay.com