Rhoads Lifters

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rhoads Lifters
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:42:55 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
9/21/99

        It's been awhile since I have posted anything to the lists so I
figured it was time for another of my questions.  I have not been able to
find out for sure if any of the Rhoads Lifters will work in the Rover/BOP
engines.  I am talking  about the "fast-bleed" lifters which reduce valve
lift and duration at idle and low speeds by partially leaking down.  This
is supposed to make a hot cam act more normally at ordinary speeds, yet
allow it to bring on its potential as engine speed increases.  More vacuum
at idle and better fuel mileage overall are also claims.  Rhoads is the
inventor of these as far as I know.  So, does anybody know which part
number of Rhoads lifter will work in these engines?  Any idea of where to
obtain them and approximate cost would also be appreciated.

        TIA.

Cheers,
Dave Kernberger