Stowe

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Stowe
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:56:09 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Good show, old Floyd screwed Friday up and the show was moved to another
field due to deep mud.  The Land Rover crowd was in heaven.

Saw Tim and Dale, liked Dales Griffin rad, just choked on the price.  The 2
V-6's were from Quebec and the guys spoke little English.  My pal Ray with
the Blue '79 V-8 transalated for us.  One car had a Multi-port 3.1 with
automatic and narrowed Camaro rear.  The other was a 2.8 carbed.  The best
part was the hand made exhaust manifolds, very slick.  Also had widened
Rostyles with trim rings on both cars.  Appeared to be about a 7 inch
wheel.  Looked good, and cheap to do as opposed to high dollar mags.  One
of our "gang" is doing a low buck 2.8 swap so he was headfirst into the
cars.  Overall the Canadian cars show a very high level of workmanship.
Must be the long winters in the garages.

The V-8's were made for Vermont roads.  Levels the hills out real well.
Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
'67 MGB V-8
'75 MGB V-8