Re: Seat belts

To: JTPAKI@aol.com
Subject: Re: Seat belts
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:10:56 -0500
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Joe-

All recoil units are about the same size, they all have to contain a spring &
spool, & about the same length of belt, the difference is that in a more modern
car when appearance is more important, the reels are hidden, usually at the base
of the door post.

There just isn't any place to hide the reel in a MGB. Moss, BV & others are now
selling a nice replacement belt that is adjustable in 2 planes to eliminate the
irritating lock up that the OE belts are subject to. Shop for these, as the
price
varies quite a bit.

Jim Stuart