Re: dashboard

To: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Subject: Re: dashboard
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:13:55 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a picture of the dash in my '70,  I know it was also used in the '71,
The '72 may have some changes, but this might make an OK reference for you:

http://lundgren.thornton.co.us/Conclave-2000/P9160601.JPG

>From bottom left to right, the red bit of plastic you can see on the top left
>part of the dash is the brake warning light/switch, below that is the
>headlight, to the right of that is the twist knob that adjusts the airflow
>through the heater core, then the column is there, to the right of that is the
>knob that adjusts the flow of the air from the defrosters to the heater, to
>the right of that is the on/off switch for the heater, above that is the
>choke.  The '71 has a dimmer between the choke and blower switch if I am not
>mistaken.

For the gauges, they are as follows:
Fuel (broken in my picture and car) left indicator, tach, alternator waring
light, oil gauge, bright light indicator, speedometer, right indicator, and
temp.