Dual Exhaust System

To: "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual Exhaust System
From: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 16:12:55 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Within the last couple of weeks there was a thread regarding the location of
the gas line, brake line, return vapour line, battery cable and wiring
harness with respect to the muffler under the passengers seat.
I finally got around to taking a look at it today and they are going to sit
right above the muffler of my dual exhaust system. I am trying to figure out
the easiest-best way to protect the lines and welcome your input. I am
thinking I could use a heat shield, this would be fast and easy. Would it
protect the above mentioned lines?
Another more involved route would be to move the lines. The battery cable is
no problem. I am not sure the vapour return line is a worry. I am not sure
how the heat will affect the brake line/fluid. If a shield will not work I
can see where the fuel line should be re-routed. With regards to the wiring
harness- is there enough slack in the harness to re-move the harness from
the junction in the engine compartment and re-route it down the centre of
the car or to the out side?

Thanks

Bruce