Rover 5 speed transmission

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover 5 speed transmission
From: "Matt Diamond" <mgb_69@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:58:32 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what the fluid capacity of the Rover SD-1 or LT-77
transmission is?  I have heard that Rover suggests ATF be used.  Is this the
best or is something like Redline  or the GM product better?  Is the fluid
constantly being pumped when the engine is running?  Am I wrong in assuming
the pump is driven off the input shaft?  I have not really looked yet, but I
am also assuming it has a side fill plug?

Thanks in advance for all replies,

Matt