302 Ford engine question

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: 302 Ford engine question
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:58:31 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I've never run my 302 yet, and in fact it's not even totally assembled.  I'm
ordering a radiator from Griffin to get it to fit in my B's engine bay, and I
need this information to get the inlet/outlet locations:
1)  I have a 69 engine with the pump's long neck extending down and to the
right (passenger side)... is this the inlet to the pump or the outlet from
the pump?
2)  does the thermostat housing 'neck' extend out toward the left (driver
side) or the right ?
3) what is the inside diameter of the two hoses?
4) with dual pass, side flow radiators (with both inlet/outlet on the same
side) , is there a preferred flow?