Re: Misc parts questions

To: Larry <larry@larryembrey.com>
Subject: Re: Misc parts questions
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:04:13 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry,

I reused the stock gauge and have not had any
problems.  I actually think I used my MGB water
temperature sender, and went to the local hardware
store and bought a reducing bushing.  From memory it
seems like the water temp sending unit hole in a BOP
block is larger than the MGB sender, but a bushing was
less than a buck, and worked quite nicely.

I couldn't find a "pretty" solution to the throttle
cable issue.  I used a RB MGB throttle cable, as it
has the threaded connection on the carb end.  This
comes in useful when you fab up a bracket (bend some
thick sheet metal and attach under a carb mouting
bolt) for the throttle cable.  To mount to the carb, I
think I used a small bolt with a hole through it, and
a couple of nuts/washers to pinch the cable.

Hope this helps,

Glenn