RE: Factory 4-sp bell housing

To: "'james'" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, "'James J.'" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>, "'v8'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Factory 4-sp bell housing
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:51:42 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have driven all my conversions in a "spirited" fashion, & have never seen
a cracked bell housing. I have never seen a cracked bell housing for sale,
or heard of anyone else with a cracked bell housing. I would suspect some
sort of accident in its earlier life- car impact or engine dropped.

I have done some cutting & drilling on these bell housings & have never seen
evidence of any heat treating.

Jim Stuart