Re: What is a Top Hat, you ask?

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is a Top Hat, you ask?
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:00:33 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,
The RV8 parts are definitely an option, but lets just say that, from an aesthetic and installation standpoint, I suspect that they were designed by the same BL fellow who gave us the rubber bumpers. They are made from several parts, require some weird components to be welded, and hang way down (~6") from the floor. I think the RV8 body moulding hides them, but they would probably be quite visible on a traditional B body. If they turn out to be far cheaper than what it will cost to get a new design fabricated, I may swallow my pride and go that route thought (and employ some artistic grinding). Thanks for mentioning them, anyhow, I hadn't even thought to look and see if they were available as parts from MGOC or BMH. Might have to do that.
James J.

James Nazarian wrote:

These were added to the RV8 and I read somewhere that they are available as
replacement body parts.  You might want to research that before having them
made.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8