Lots of Engine Bits -- and More

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lots of Engine Bits -- and More
From: "Hans Mattes" <mattes@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 00:21:52 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I hope no one minds this posting, but I've been reworking my Westfield SEiGHT
for a while now and I've been instructed to clean out the garage. I haven't
listed prices because I will make a VERY GOOD deal for anyone who wants what I
have - and the more you take, the better the deal.

3.6 liter SD1 engine

  a.. Bad block - I think it has a dropped liner, and, maybe, a bad bearing
  b.. Ported heads with very recent valve job, new seals, and, in one head,
new shaft & rockers
  c.. Rover cast aluminum valve covers with baffled breathers
  d.. Crane cam, followers, dual springs, etc.
  e.. Good front cover, water pump, pan, alternator, starter, clutch,
bellhousing
Carb set up

  a.. Edelbrock Performer intake manifold with bleed valve fitted to water
jacket
  b.. Edelbrock/Weber 500 cfm 4-barrel carb, jetted for SD1
  c.. Lots of extra jets, needles, springs, gaskets, etc.
  d.. Tapered insulator between carb and manifold
  e.. 14" K&N air filter
Crane ignition w. optical pickup in Rover distributor, Magnicor wires

Complete exhaust system

  a.. 4 into 1 headers (ceramic coated)
  b.. Side mounted stainless mufflers and exhaust pipes
  c.. Flex stainless crossover pipe
3 quart Accusump with all plumbing including remote oil filter, one-way valve,
electric valve

Oil cooler with Spal fan

Lots of spare engine parts, filters, gaskets, etc

Full VDO instrumentation

  a.. 7000 rpm tach
  b.. Mechanical speedometer (with cable for Rover tranny)
  c.. Oil pressure
  d.. Oil temp
  e.. Fuel Level
  f.. Water temp
FULL Rover documentation

  a.. All Hardcastle books
  b.. Several Rover service manuals including Haynes, factory, and others
  c.. Hundreds of pages of other data
Rover 5-speed transmission - less than 5000 miles since complete rebuild

Spax adjustable coil-over shocks (4) - replaced by new AVOs, but I can't tell
much difference

Front springs - Eibach 2 <" x 9", 350#/in.

Westfield fuel tank with sender

Westfield standard roll bar

Westfield rear cover, luggage compartment, convertible top, side curtains

The parts are all in my garage in Santa Rosa, California (about an hour north
of San Francisco). They're all good quality items in excellent condition
except for the engine block.

I'd be happy to e-mail photos of any and all parts that you're interested in.

Don't let price be an issue; I'll make you a GREAT deal if you'll take it
all!

Thanks for your tolerance of this posting.

Hans Mattes

(707) 578-3628

mattes@sonic.net