Clutches

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutches
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 00:54:22 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Gentlemen,  I would like to revisit a long quiet topic,  clutches.  After a
whopping 5500 miles mine is slipping when I take off or when I nail it in
gear, especially 3rd and 4th.  I am still using the stock long style 9-1/2"
disk and have a 10 spline T-10.  Ideally I would just like a stickier disk,
something that will hold 300hp.  I am only making a little over 200 but
would like the buffer since I drive hard and autocross the car.  I am not
opposed to a new, lighter pressure plate since the pressure plate is
original, and the disk and pressure plate usually cost about $100, but I'd
prefer not to have to redrill the flywheel if possible.  This is my daily
driver at the moment and I can't easily handle the down time.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram