clutches

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutches
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:26:21 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sorry, I never responded to anything, I was out of town for a wedding.  I
had an idea before I go off and buy a new clutch.  I found a flaw in the
Howe recommendation of setting up the HTOB with slight preload.  It leaves
no room for clutch wear.  I am going to pull a shim out of it and see where
I end up.  I need to change the rear seal on the tranny and that is half way
to pulling it for a reshim, so I guess I'll attack that this weekend.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram