Howe HTO.

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Howe HTO.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 07:23:48 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
As a technical note I thought I would post what I have discovered about
the Howe HTO.

The important thing is that Howe has redesigned their HTO.  Speaking
with the Howe technical department revealed this redesign was in
response to leakage problems.  Production of the redesigned unit began
in 2003.  To differentiate between the earlier unit and the redesigned
one they have machined a "Dimple" between the holes for the fluid
fittings.  This dimple is clearly visible.

I ordered a Howe HTO from Summit two weeks ago and they shipped me one
of the old ones.  I requested they ship me a new one and they searched
their stock.  They did not have any of the new ones in stock.  They had
to drop ship me one from Howe.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom