Re: Where do you find pistons to use in Rover V8

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where do you find pistons to use in Rover V8
From: "steve devine" <stevedevine@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:04:40 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 I picked up a 1978 land rover v8 two or thre years ago hopin it would be a
good candidate for
 a v8 conversion. I have since torn down the engine finding that the botoom
end bearings were
 all showing copper. I would like to get some new pistons hopefully higher
compression then the
  old ones they were standard low compresion units. Who do I contact? I see
the silvolite page but every time I contact through email I never get a
reply. It seems silly to me to send to england for pistons.
 Is this what everyone is doing?

 I hope you guys can help.

  One other question:  Ive got a 4.0 in my b now what are you guys using for
engine oil?

 Thanks for your help ahead of time

 Steve D