Re: Roller Lifters

To: m1garand@speakeasy.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roller Lifters
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 22:14:24 EST
Cc: jhn3@uakron.edu, tswrace@pacbell.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
My understanding is that roller lifters and cams are engineered with not only
profile matching concerns, but they also need to match with regard to the
metal treatment for hardness properties.  The rolling follower apparently isn't
compatible with a flat follower cam lobe surface.  This according to an older
Car Craft (I think) article that I dont have any longer.  There's other
tradeoffs with rollers, too... springs, lifter bores in the block, unsprung
weight
differences... I wouldnt try roller lifters with a flat tappet cam.  It's parts
of two different systems that shouldn't be mismatched.