Re: Correct way to install Felpro Head Gaskets

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, "'Buick-Rover V8 Group'" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Correct way to install Felpro Head Gaskets
From: "Allen Wulf" <wulfmgbv8@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:45:54 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Paul,

I have two sets of the steel shim gaskets, one set off a Buick  215 that I
rebuilt and put in my car and the other off a Rover 3.5.  The ones off the
Rover measure .020 and have a number and "Made in England" stamped on one
side.  The Buick gaskets measure between .016 and .018 and have a number
prefixed with Mc.  That one must be a McCord brand.  Neither  are stamped
"top".

The Felpro I put on my rebuilt engine, I think,  were .040.  I don't
remember multiple layers, but have been told that composition gaskets will
lower the compression ratio one half point.

Al