Re: Gear lever knob

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gear lever knob
From: Simon & Donna <sdaustin@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:04:13 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
It may not be correct for purists (but then again the car isn't exactly stock looking anyway) but I picked up a good-looking shifter knob at a local shop. It comes with a set of generic plastic adapters that just slip over the shifter arm (arm doesn't need to be threaded itself). Different sizes of adapters for different thicknesses of arms. The knob then threads onto the adapter you've selected.

I should still have the original SD1 knob (1980 vintage) that you can have if you want that look. What does Rimmer Bros consider the "later ones" as I thought the SD1 was finished around 1982?

Cheers
Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>