Re: Port match

To: hug304@ameritech.net
Subject: Re: Port match
From: Greg A Myer <motorhead45@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:07:18 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi Jeff,
       The best way to match the exhaust port is to
get the headers first. Two sets of headers from the
same manufacturer can vary.
If they aren't exactly a match to the
gasket, I cut out a cardboard template ( poster board from
Walmart and a ball peen hammer works very well here )
and transfer this to the head. I like to keep the exhaust
port just slightly smaller than the header so there's
never a problem with interference of the exhaust flow.
I built my own headers, and had to match the head to it
this way.
                                           Greg

'72 MGB GT Buick project