Re: Steering rack

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: Steering rack
From: Simon <sgreen@eurobell.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:05:45 +0100
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
When my re-con unit was taken to bits (it was fresh from the shop) there was no oil coming out of it. It looked like just gressed a bit.
Simon

Barrie Robinson wrote:
What does one use to lubricate the rack and pinion on an 1970 MGB GT? The MGB manual shows the "steering" takes 1/3 pint but no mention anywhere else that I can find. Where does this 1/3 pint go?

Regards

Barrie Robinson

MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII
Canada
705-721-9060
barrie@look..ca

Purveyor of O-ring kits for restoring Smith & Jaeger gauges,
Stainless steel mesh grilles, air vents & airdams and,
Sound deadening material and kits for MGBs