Re: Animals in cars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Animals in cars
From: rmscharf@ucdavis.edu (Robert Scharf)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 17:23:24 -0800

>BTW we live on a farm, and twice I've found vacated snake skins in my boxes
>of old parts.  One was in the BASEMENT!  Next to a cracked head that, I
>just discovered, is now full of Decon!  Do mice like carbon?  Maybe that's
>why they chew on wiring harnesses - they're trying to get to the smoke!

Some friends of mine go backpacking in the Sierra Nevadas leaving their
vehicle in a public lot.  They have to put plywood around the car to keep
the racoons away.  The critters like to chew on the brake lines which can
lead to an exciting ride home.  It seems they like the taste of the lines or
fluid.  Also, it is a quiet, sometimes warm, place to hang out.  My biggest
concern is the black widows that look for quiet places.

          *         Robert M. Scharf          *
          * Vet Med:Animal Resources Service  *
          *          916-752-7180             *
          *          fax 752-5592             *