Chris' asdsorption can

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Chris' asdsorption can
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 13:48:36 -0600
Chris,

>The air pump/manifold has been removed, so the charcoal
>canister is the end of the line (so to speak).

Or the beginning...

Ok, here's what we should be looking at; in the top of the adsorption can
should be running three lines. One from the fuel tank (right), one from the
valve cover & crankcase (center), and one from the carbs (left). From the
bottom of the can there should be a thicker hose leading to the run-on
valve. From the run-on down goes the drain/air intake and off to the side
runs a little hose connection that I forget where it leads to because I
pulled all that crap out last year. ALLEDGEDLY, what happens is; when the
car is turned off the residual fumes from different places around the car
are sucked into the canister, where they are held in situ while the car
rests for another attempt at spilling fuel and oil all over the road. When
the car starts up again, vacuum from the crankcase emissions system sucks
air through the canister and the vapors are pulled into the inlet manifold
and then into the engine.

See if all the lines are run to where they need to be and that there are no
leaks in the system. My guess on dumping it all is - it's all added on stuff
to please the watchdogs and has nothing to do with the original design. The
only reason I haven't pulled it all out of my car is that it hasn't broken yet.

Glenn
This MUST be wonderful! I don't understand it at all.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com