HIF4 or HS4?

To: Fine Fast MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HIF4 or HS4?
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 14:48:30 -0500 (EST)
Dear SOLers,
(I think we still are, even here)
Can anybody say if there is an obvious reason why one should prefer
either the HS4 over the HIF4 SU carb or vice versa? Does the position of
the float bowl make a difference?

I am trying to decide which carb would be better for my Midget.
At least now I know that the MGA carbs (H4) should rather be avoided.

I am going to build a small adapter for the different bolt pattern for my
1.5"-manifold which was designed for taking the MGA carbs.
Does anybody know if it is better to use bras or aluminum for the
adapter?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
        Gus