re: Erratic MGB

To: SWANSON@ZONKER.ECS.UMASS.EDU, MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: Erratic MGB
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 11:49:00 -0500 (EST)
       Hi Jon,
            Perhaps I can help. Sounds to me like your distributor (or its
       drive) is mounted 180 degrees out of position. Does the rotor point to
       the #1 terminal when you are at TDC? Is the piston at TDC (Shine a
       flashlight in the spark plug hole). Was the engine recently rebuilt?
       Maybe the distributor drive was put in 180 degrees out of position. If
       this all checks out OK, are the plugs so fouled with gas they won't
       fire? Hope this helps.

       Colin         WA1KWA

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB