Re: spridget vrs. Mini

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu>
Subject: Re: spridget vrs. Mini
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 11:02:01 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Will Zehring wrote:

> "If I could pick either a Spridget or a Mini as a next project,
> which would it be?"
>
> Assume for a minute that you've made a pact with the hairy thunderer that
> your next car *has* to have a BMC A-series engine in it, or you will suffer
> a horrible fate.  One faction of my car guy support group says: "Get the
> mini: its on the short list of fun things to do with your pants on."  Of
> course, the other faction says: "Are you crazy?  Get the spridget.  Nothing
> is more fun than a convertible."

What are you going to do with this car?

Scenario #1:  Drives in the country, limited amounts of wrench twiddling,
don't already have a convertible.

Scenario #2: Work on the car, race the car, already have a convertible,
want to be the center of attention >wherever< I go.

The answers are of course #1 -> Spridget, #2 -> Mini

Minis are bigger on the inside and somewhat more accessible under the hood
than Spridgets.  They are a also "cuter 'n' hell" and "not real cars" and
"how many clowns came out of that car when you bought it".

Spridgets are more pleasant at highway speeds.

All this depends on what size engine and what size wheels you have on the
Mini, of course.

I'd prefer the Mini, but I already have an MGB Convertible.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle