Re: HELP! b engine wanted... no, NEEDED!!!

To: ROG <ST931244@PIP.CC.BRANDEIS.EDU>
Subject: Re: HELP! b engine wanted... no, NEEDED!!!
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 02:29:36 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, ROG wrote:

> somone help me!!! i finally have the chance at an o/d and now i break a rod
> and crank in the block! (the #4 piston does not look happy just going up and
> down without being attached to anything... also, the cylinder has two big
> grooves... no, no... GOUGES in it that are beyond sleeving) anyone know where
> i can get a good used or rebuilt one? best price i have so far is $800 short

> st931244@pip.cc.brandeis.edu

A couple of thoughts about sources near you.  Well, sort of near you.
MGT's in West Milford, NJ advertised MGB 3/4 blocks, their # is 201 728
3096.  I don't know anything whatever about the outfit.  Also, Sports Car
Services in Westminster Vt 802 387 4540 might be worth contacting; they
might be able to help.  They did an engine for a friend; he seems
reasonably content.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910