Re:

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 09:50:47 +0500
>     I recently purchased my first MG and I was wondering what is
>considered to be high miles on a B engine. I would like you to assume
>that the car has been driven relatively easy, and regular tune ups
>and oil changes were accomplished. I would appreciate any and all
>answers to the question. The only answer I have aquired thus far is
>from an uncle who claims that no more than 30 to 35 000 miles cen be
>reached before doing a complete rebuild.

Wow!  What does your uncle do with his, pull stumps?  :-)  From what I have
managed to pick up on the B-series engine, rebuilds on well cared for mills
run along the lines of 60-70k miles for the three main engine (main bearings
appear to go a bit faster in the three main) and as much as twice that for
the five main.  Once in a while you also hear of the trusty engine that's
gone over 170k sans rebuild, but I'll bet that's pretty rare.

Will Zehring