Destination records

To: mgs@autox.team.net, trs@autox.team.net
Subject: Destination records
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 95 08:18:47 -0800
Does anyone know if there are build/destination records that show the name of
the dealer that a new LBC was shipped to when it left the factory?  And if they
exist, how to access them.  I think the standard British Heritige records just
say it went to the US.  I would like to know the dealer who first sold the car.
Failing that, the state or region would be helpful.

Now that the rains have stopped on the west coast for now, LBCs are crawling out
of the wood work.  Friday, I drove behind a white TR4 into work in my MGBGT.
Saturday, there was a yellow TR6 that passed by on the freeway.  Sunday I ran
across a red TR3A with gray hard top and a red TR4A in a park, a red Austin
Healey 3000 MK III in town and a white TR3A on the road.  Monday, in the Van
Pool, we were passed by a BRG MK III E-Type roadster and a TR6.  Today going to
the van pool I briefly drove alonside a blue AH 3000 MK II.  Then of course
there were about a dozen of the more common MGBs, Spits, and Sprigets running by
too.

I'm almost ready to take a hacksaw to the top of my BGT so I can enjoy the
roadster weather along with everyone else.  If only my TR3A was back on the road
again.  Speaking about that, She is at the paint shop getting final blocking
(again) and final paint.  I expect her to come home at the end of April in her
original factory signal red colour and white hard top.  I'll probably take a
week off work to hang parts on her.

On the down side, I had payed a body shop to take the car down to bare metal,
block, prime and seal her.  This is the shop that replaced the floors inner &
outer sills and made the door openings about 1/4 inch too short.  A second shop
is currently working on her.  They are finding that the original blocking is
wavy, and a little too heavy.  So they are straightening out the blocking by
removing excess mud.  They discovered that the right rear wing still had all the
old paint under the primer & blocking.  Sigh  So much for profesionals.  I keep
getting reminded of why the body person was fired over the work he did on my
car.

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards