suspension animation, MkII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: suspension animation, MkII
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 08:12:40 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Glenn Schnittke wrote:

>In order I'd suggest;
>
>Springs & bushes (front; easy - rear; pain in the ass but not ridiculous.
>Soap the bushes)
>shocks (easier, but as long as the front pan's apart for the springs, you
>might try the HD valves)
>Sway bar (easy with a drill)

This turns out to be, for the most part, the consensus from among a handful
of responses I've received regarding my original posting (many thanks,
folks!).  I am persuaded to hold off on the front sway bar, mostly for the
sake of originality.  The car has fresh front bushes (V8 style) and rebult
front shocks (with, I assume, original style valves).  I did nothing to the
springs nor to the bushings and u-bolts (Mistakenly called U-joints by yours
truely in my original posting; dramatic evidence of my position on the
learning curve) at the rear.  My plan is to take the above steps one at a
time and test for improvement in the car's behavior.  Bear in mind that I'm
not racing this thing and I'm not really that much of a hot shoe either.
OTOH, a tick less roll would be nice... :-)

Again, many thanks to all who responded.  What a list!

Will "slowly walking the learning curve" Zehring