Re: '58 MGA

To: dwtietz@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: '58 MGA
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 19:56:46 -500
> Subject:       '58 MGA

> it's very original (i.e. original spark plug wires, etc.)
> The body exhibits little rust,
>
> 1) Is $1700 reasonable for this car

'round these parts, an MGA body alone in that condition should be
well worth $1700! I shook my head a couple years ago when I saw a guy
buy a very rusted hulk for $1000- there was very little of worth.
But, you may want to look more at the overall picture- It will
certainly need freshening of all seals, brakes, etc. How's the
interior? What else will it need?

You know, think about the overall cost of restoration. It depends on
whether you're out to make money, or have fun with the car, too.
You can look of it as, could this be a reasonable driver with
very litle effort. Or, if you're the concours type, how close to
original is it?

Still, it should be hard to go wrong for that kind of money.

   ________
  /     _  \    Roger Garnett             (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \   Agricultural Economics   |
| |\/ ||  _  |  3 Warren Hall            | "The South Lansing Centre
| |   ||   | |  Cornell University       |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
 \    ||__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!