Re: original paint

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: original paint
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:59:32 -0400
I would see a local, knowledgeable paint guy, either at a body shop or at a
paint store, and get some real good advice before I started if I were in your
shoes. Different paints work differently over different other paints, and
primers and sealers , if needed, vary depending on what is under and what
will be over them! You could waste a lot of time and energy if you don't get
the materials part right.
I would encourage you to also re-think the idea of using lacquer..If you can
rent a paint booth a catalized acrylic enamel (USE ALL THE PROTECTIONS
RECOMMENDE, IT CAN KILL YOU!!!) will give a deep shine without any rub-out to
speak of, and 2-3 coats is all you need. It lasts a LOT longer than lacquer
too. However, if you only have a garage to work with, the lacquer is the only
way to go, all the other paints take a few minutes to set up, and that breeds
dust in the paint.
Good Luck!