Lowering 77 B ride height

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lowering 77 B ride height
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 15:26:35 +0600
I'm interested in hearing comments from anybody who has lowered the ride
height of their rubber-bumper MGB.  Leafing through the Moss catalog, I
paused at the suspension tuning page.  I'm tempted to go for the lowered
front springs and the rear lowering kit, but I'd like information first.  I
know Moss could probably answer my questions, but there would be a little
conflict of interest there.

As it is, my car's suspension is rock solid--shocks and springs are in great
shape. I really have no complaint, save that I prefer the way older B's hug
the ground.

Is there anything particularly difficult about this modification?  Quirky
little surprises I should be prepared for, e.g. realignment?

If I were to buy and install the kit, would anything else need modification?
(Rear shock links?  Roll bars?)

Is there a vendor that sells these things cheaper than Moss?  (Estimate $150)

Aesthetic concerns?  I've never seen a ride-lowered rubber-bumper B.  I
don't imagine that it would look particularly strange, but maybe somebody
out there would.
--
Jay Tilton     | 77 MGB - Shmee
jtilton@vt.edu | Shmee is a B who occasionally stings me.