Re: 63 MGB cowl water leak

To: baker@islandnet.com (Jack Baker)
Subject: Re: 63 MGB cowl water leak
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 12:36:07 -0400
Regarding:
>>I have removed my vent grill a couple of times.  The posts on the cover
>fasten into plastic keepers. On my car these keepers remain in place when
>the grill is removed. Removal is easy just pry it up gently ,put a peice of
>cloth under a screw driver and work your way around. To replace simply press
>it back with your thumbs.  It really is no problem.

Thanks, Jack, for clarifying.  Either more than one type of keepers were
used or there is a glitch in my memory.  It would be very logical that with
the passage of time,  more and more metal parts  would be replaced with
more and more plastic parts.  In fact, now that you mention it, the keepers
on my '73 may have been plastic - but I don't recall them remaining in the
scuttle.  Of course they couldn't - I pried them out!  Should they have?
At any rate, I hope folks take your advice before they try mine.

AllenB